Committed to a Drug-Free Platform
Powerlifting America is unequivocally opposed, on ethical and medical grounds, to the practice of doping in sport and fully supports the position of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) against the use of banned substances and methods.
The use, possession and/or trafficking of banned substances, methods, or the encouragement or counseling to use banned substances, or methods, and/or taking measures to mask the use of banned substances, or methods by any participant in competitions over which Powerlifting America has jurisdiction is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
As a member of the IPF, Powerlifting America is bound by the IPF Anti-Doping Rules. For further information please visit https://www.powerlifting.sport/anti-doping.
The rules and regulations of the IPF Anti-Doping Rules aims to:
- Promote Powerlifting as a drug-free sport
- Uphold and preserve the ethics of Sport
- Ensure that all athletes have an opportunity to compete equally
- Safeguard the physical health and mental integrity of the athletes
- Establish consistent standards of anti-doping policy and testing
- Educate athletes on their anti-doping rights and responsibilities