Head Coach: James Townsend – [email protected]
Assistant Coach: Jeff Douglas – [email protected]
Assistant Coach: Michael Steinmetz – [email protected]
Assistant Coach: Austin Brown (NAPF Head Coach)- [email protected]
Athletes must be a member of Powerlifting America in good standing to qualify.
Automatic Selection: In order to automatically make the Open Women’s and Men’s National Team you must win your weight class in the Open division at Open Nationals as well as score a minimum of 5.0 on the Carpino Formula (this means your total from Nationals would roughly be a 5th place at the last 3 Open World Championships).
Alternate Selection: If an athlete wins Open Nationals and scores below a minimum of 5.0 on the Carpino formula, their name, and Carpino score are then put into the alternate pool to be considered for the Open National Team.
The Alternate pool also consists of:
- All lifters who competed at Open Nationals in the Open Division that year who did not win their weight class
- All lifters who competed in Powerlifting America Collegiate Nationals and Master’s Nationals in the equipped division
- (On a World Games year) Athletes who competed at the World Games that year from Powerlifting America would be allowed to apply their total from the World Games to be used in the alternate pool of lifters from Nationals.
- Guest Lifters who competed in the Open division at Open Nationals that year
- Athletes who competed at the IPF Open Equipped World Championship the previous year would be allowed to apply their total from the previous year’s IPF Open Equipped World Championship in the alternate pool of lifters from Nationals.
- Powerlifting America athletes that are required to live in another country other than the USA due to Military or Work Obligations would be allowed to use their total from the National Championship of the country they are currently living in as a guest lifter in the alternate pool of lifters from Nationals.
- Powerlifting America athletes that competed at the IPF Open Classic World Championships the same year as Powerlifting America Equipped Nationals and show interest in writing to Head Coach James Townsend in Competing at the IPF Open Equipped World Championships within 1 week after Competing at the IPF Open Classic World Championships will be entered in the alternate pool of lifters from Nationals.
- Athletes who competed at the 2023 NAPF Open Equipped Championship the previous year would be allowed to apply their total from the previous year’s 2023 NAPF Open Equipped Championship in the alternate pool of lifters from Nationals.
- If the alternate pool gets past 10.0 in the Carpino rankings, the Head Coach James Townsend has the right to select an athlete anywhere on the rankings or an athlete outside of the alternate Pool. (This would mainly affect the reserves/alternates on the initial nominations and not initial active roster spots)
- NAPF Spots are based on 2023 Nationals, lifters who were outside of the top 8 Carpino spots in the Open Division from 2023 Nationals are eligible for NAPF Team, once all alternates are exhausted, lifters who finished in the top 8 Carpino ranking can then be offered a NAPF spot
2024 Carpino 5 Totals:
47 kg- 395
52 kg- 455
57 kg- 507.5
63 kg- 525
69 kg- 572.5
76 kg- 562.5
84 kg- 605
84+ kg- 617.5
59 kg- 597.5
66 kg- 732.5
74 kg- 780
83 kg- 840
93 kg- 935
105 kg- 960
120 kg- 1050
120+ kg- 1000
These are the current standings before Equipped Nationals 2023 in Scottsdale AZ, June 4.